If a Quote has been sent but you need to revise pricing or conditions, you can edit and resend the Quote.
Editing the Quote takes it offline, meaning the customer can not view or accept the Quote. This protects the customer from accepting something that has possibly changed during that time.
Edit a Quote, update and email the customer:
- Find the Quote that has been sent to the customer.
- Under 'Actions' select 'Edit Quote' .
- Hit 'Take offline and edit quote'. This will take the Quote offline, and your customer will see a message saying "Changes are currently being made…" if they try and view the Quote.
- Edit the Quote, make any necessary changes, then hit 'Save & View'.
- When you're happy with the changes, hit 'Send'.
- Confirm the email message, hit 'Send now'.
Edit and update, but skip sending an email
To edit the Quote and skip emailing the customer, you can select 'Update Only (don't email)' under 'Actions'. This will put the Quote back online for the customer to accept.
You can see a log of when a Quote was edited and updated under 'Recent activity' at the bottom of Quote. The customer can not see this information.
Retain past versions of a Quote
If you need to keep a copy of exactly what has changed over time, as an alternative to editing a Quote, you could 'Copy' a Quote (under 'Actions') to create a new version, then make changes and send as a new Quote.
Need to resend a Quote without editing it? Read this article about resending a Quote